DIY Nursery Room Wall Art
To make the nursery room a little more personal for my baby to be I decided to make my own wall art. I didn’t find out the sex of baby so went neutral with the pictures I made. Even if you know the sex of your baby going neutral is a good option if you’re planning on having more down the road.
- Scrapbooking paper
- Glue gun
- Black inky pen
- Glitter sticks
- Picture frame(s)
- String and wool (optional depending on what animals/objects you cut out)
- Background fabric (I used natural linen)
- Decide on what theme you want for the nursery room.
- Draw out the shape of the animal you’re making. For example, when I made the birds, I sketched the body shape of the bird without the wing onto the back of a piece of scrapbook paper. Then I used a different scrapbook paper design to make the wing.
- Glue pieces together (in this example, I glued the wing to the body)
- Draw a face with a black pen
- Use glitter sticks to add any extra details
- Use string and/or wool to add texture to the animals. I used wool for the bunny tails and string frayed at the end for the donkey tail.
- Once you have all the animals and scenery you want for the picture, glue them onto the piece of linen cut to fit your picture frame.
- Once all the glue and glitter has dried place in frame and voila you’ve got a handmade picture for your little one to admire.
What nursery room DIY projects have you done for your little babe?